Search engine optimization referred as “SEO” is the process to make any web pages or website visible in the search engine tools. It is the activity engaged to improve the search engine rankings in the free search results.
Google and other search engine tools always shows the results that is relevant to the search key words and the results are generated according to the popularity of the websites. Google shows the result by measuring the quality and quantity of the links from various other web pages. It means that if your webpage is provided with the link by other many webpages then there is possibility that your website will be ranked in the top positions in the Google Search.
To improve the search results of any websites, you should make sure that it covers all the bases and important information about your websites. The following 10 things are recommended by MMilas’ SEO services in Chicago, to be checked first to make your base strong.
- Title Tag (<title>) – it is the blue texts that are shown in any search results. The title must be of 6 to 7 words and make sure that the keywords are perfect for your website content.
- Meta Description – it is a small description about the websites. It is shown under the title. The proper description about the website should be given.
- URLs- provide easy to understand URLs to your page. It should be easy that the URL will provide the basic knowledge to the viewer about your websites and webpage.
- Headings (<H1> and <H2>) – in this title, the proper keywords should be included. The viewer should be able to know about your website without reading the full body of the website.
- Navigation – provide the clear navigation for your page. The user should be easily able to search various topics in your webpage.
- Synonyms – optimizing the synonyms for the keyword is one of the best idea. Mostly it is very beneficial for the English web sites. The Search engines also uses the synonyms of the various keywords to rank the websites in the search results. It is considers only for the English language web sites.
- Spelling Mistakes – many people makes the spelling mistakes while searching for the various things in search engine tools. So, it is good idea to optimize the spellings too. So, the popular keywords should be optimized.
- Footer – the bottom side of the websites should be provided with some more navigation choices. The user should be able to quickly access the various other related websites.
- Images – the images can be optimized. It can be done by right clicking on the “image” and click on the “inspect element”. In the “img alt” option, give the clear description about your page.
- Keyword proximity
It checks how the various texts in the keywords are related with each other’s.
SEO checks how the search engine works and what types of search keywords are most used in the search engines. It helps you to improve your websites in the various search results.